Thursday, February 23, 2017

Intro to New Technology - Sean Young - Unroll.me

While in the elevator at work this morning, I saw a blurb about a new application called Unroll.me I have so much email with offers from Groupon, Best Buy, Target, the bank Mary Kay, Art Van Furniture and many more. Sometimes it really gets on my nerves because I'm deleting things, and sometimes I delete some of my good mail because it's mixed in with junk. I thought to myself how I'd love to have something that could help control my email clutter. So I thought it was very interesting and I wanted to take a look at Unroll.me. This free simple tool which you can download from the Google play or Apple App store. It accesses your inbox and syncs the messages to their servers and archive them away from your inbox. It keeps the content but consolidates the emails and sends you a message that has your newsletters and subscription emails into one. Unroll.me has thumbnail renderings of the email messages, so that you can see them at a quick glance. It can cut down on all the mundane emails sitting in your inbox. It supports Gmail, Outlook, Yahoo, iCloud and many more. The fun part is you can also unsubscribe from any of the sites that send you all that unwanted emails. Now for full disclosure about this app, I must say in my research, there are some things that can be improved with this otherwise great tool. When the emails are consolidated, the new emails that come into the inbox don't get noticed right away. When using the unsubscribe features, it is not known what happens when the user clicks unsubscribe from a site. When I read the FAQ it didn't really explain that part. But even after all that, I think that Unroll.me is something to at least look into, you might be surprised. I know I'm going to try it and with any luck, I can have a clean inbox.

1 comment:

  1. I used Unroll.me to clean out my inbox a few months ago and found it really useful to just look at a complete list of everything that I was receiving. I found that I kept a lot of the lists I was on, but it did result in about a 30% reduction in the things I was just immediately archiving. Thanks for bringing this to our attention!

    ReplyDelete