Wednesday, March 8, 2017

Innovative AD campaign.

There are dozens of ad campaigns out there that grab my attention, however, most of the time I find that the ads are not clever enough to grab and keep my interest.  I have found that the best ad campaigns come in the form of product placement.  Have you ever been watching your favorite television show or music video and all of a sudden you see a Wheat Thins box or Ciroc vodka, this is product placement at its finest.  A company that is notorious for taking advantage of product placement is Pepsi and Coco-Cola, Pepsi Cola has long since used celebrity endorsements to push their products.  Some of these placements are more noticeable such as when you saw Britney Spears pop out of a Pepsi truck and perform.  Other placements are a little more subtle so you may miss them, which in my personal opinion makes them all the more brilliant. For example in the hit tv show Friends, there is a scene where Ross is having a heated conversation with his sister whilst holding a Coca-Cola can, here are some more examples that you might have missed:


















The idea behind product placement according to Priceonomics analysis is that it's easier to sell a viewer on the value of a product if they're emotionally invested in the storyline in which it's presented, rather than a viewer who's watching an ad totally out of context.  I find that this sort of advertisement works a little better on persuading my interest, I'm one of those naturally skeptical people and I instantly shut down my receptors when I hear a sales pitch.  However, if you can find away to grab my interest without me being consciously aware then you've got yourself a sale.

No comments:

Post a Comment